Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jacquelynne Steves is NOT in the Bahamas


Hello Everyone! I hope you are all enjoying a peaceful New Year so far..... and that you haven't fallen off the "resolution wagon" yet! I stopped making resolutions a few years ago, because, 1. I don't think I've kept a resolution past January 3 in my life, and 2. Because to me new year's resolutions are just another reason to procrastinate. If I feel that there is something I need to work on, I think there is no time like the present- why wait till January 1, or Monday, or the kids go back to school, or whatever.... I should just do it. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So right now I am sitting on the sofa, recuperating from more surgery. I managed to get an appointment last week with a new doctor (I got some recommendations from a friend who is a nurse, and other doctors' first available appointments weren't until the end of January or mid-February.) So I went to this doctor, and figured that if I didn't like him, I would go to yet a different one later in January, I had nothing to lose. But as it turned out, I did really like him, and he was able to fit me in for surgery yesterday (Monday), which was OK with me because I just want all of this to be over. Based on my tests and symptoms, he thought I had endometriosis in addition to everything else, which, it turns out, I do. So I had a laparoscopy to look around my abdomen to see if there was anything else going on in there, and a D&C to remove some of the endometriosis, and he also lasered off a cyst on my ovary, among other things. Unfortunately, he was unable to remove the fibroid, because there may be some bladder involvement. I have to go back to see him in 2 to 3 weeks, and then there will probably be another surgery, with the gynecologist to remove the fibroid, and a gynourologist, in case there needs to be any repair to my bladder.

Sheesh, I am tired of being a patient, and just tired of being patient!!! But my family has been really wonderful, my oldest daughter is still home for college for another week and she cheerfully helps me around the house and brings me everything I need and drives her sister to school for me. I told her, 19 years ago I was taking care of her, and now she is taking care of me! But at least she doesn't have to change my diapers (at least for another 40 or 50 years, anyway.....)

So for now I get to lay on the sofa and be waited on hand and foot, and take some narcotics and just generally be lazy with good excuse (however, if you are interested in this lifestyle, I recommend going to the Bahamas- sans the narcotics- instead of surgery. It costs less and is slightly more pleasant. And your friends will appreciate the postcards from the Bahamas a lot more. Although, if you remember, after my last surgery, I did come home with a lovely photo of my bladder which I declined to post here. Maybe I will put it on the family Christmas card next year.)

A cheerful heart is good medicine. Proverbs 17:22

P.S. Thanks to all of you who emailed yesterday regarding the At Water's Edge fabric. I will try to email everyone back today or tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry the saga continues for you. I've been there. Thankfully I am in a much better place now, as you will be before you know it.

    Hugs,
    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you are starting the New Year off with health issues. It's never fun. Take care, and just think that next New Year you will be looking back at this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacquelynne Steves is not in the Bahamas and Robin Beck did not go to Spokane!!!
    Hey there! I will be writing you an E mail soon... Tim and I just got back from La Push.
    So glad your doctor went the route he did! He sounds wonderful.
    I'm glad you are gettting this all taken care of the first of the year so you can actually enjoy the holidays this year!!!
    Love,
    Me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you probably wish you were in the Bahamas...sorry your latest surgery is not the adventure you wished for! Hope your new year proves to be a healthier one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've come a long way in the last month or so...glad the cure is going well with an end in sight for you. You are blessed in spite of it all. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails