Monday, February 11, 2008

I Love Etsy!

Lately, I have been immersed in the world of Etsy. I have been spending a lot of time there (probably too much time). But I am so in awe of the incredible talent that people have. Etsy displays a mind boggling array of beautiful and creative items. This beauty and talent is also evident in the many blogs I have become accustomed to visiting.

I have mentioned before that I am really not a technical person, but lately I have become aware of how perfectly technology and artistry can mesh. If it weren't for technology, I wouldn't have any idea of how many kindred spirits, people like me, there are, all over the world. It is so inspiring and humbling. It reminds me of our Creator, the originator of everything beautiful and perfect. It says in the book of Ecclesiastes that there is nothing new under the sun. This is true, for the most incredible works of art are reinterpretations and imitations of what He has already done. And yet it is so completely amazing that God has given us gifts to take ideas and raw materials and our hands and love and passion and somehow reinterpret it all into wonderful creations of our own. It makes me thankful and grateful and humble, that in some small way, I can be a creator like The Creator. It reminds me that I really am made in His image, and that when I use the gifts of creativity He has given me, He smiles, because I am doing what He intended for me to do.

I would like to thank Nyta434 (aka Norma), the first person to ever "favorite" me on Etsy! She has delightful illustrations, please visit her Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails