Saturday, November 8, 2008

Feathered Friend/ Ornament Exchange

Daughter is still home, she is looking much better but she has to go back to the ENT on Monday morning before she can go back to school. We are hoping that she can go back on Monday afternoon, she has already missed a full week of school. She really needs to get back so she can catch up, but I also don't want her to go back too early and have a relapse. The back of her throat still looks pretty gnarly, but it's better than before. Grandmom is still in the hospital but is also feeling better and hopefully she will get to come home on Monday or Tuesday. Thank you to everyone for all of your prayers and kind words.

Yesterday, I pulled into the driveway to find the dog standing on the picnic table, looking up in the tree and barking like crazy. I didn't think much of it, that is pretty typical for her, she is always barking at something. Younger daughter mentioned that there was a large bird in the tree, I looked up and saw what I first thought was a vulture, which is also pretty typical around here. But then I realized it was not a vulture, not a hawk.... We believe that it was an immature bald eagle - right there in my tree, just a few feet from out house- Wow! He was not afraid of us at all, the dog kept barking and barking (I'm pretty sure the bird outweighed the dog- and do you see those talons?!?), but the eagle just looked kind of curious as he looked down, probably wondering what that yippy little thing was. The dog probably should have been afraid, but I guess she's just not that smart... Eventually, he flew away, but I did not get a photo because I was messing around with some adjustments on the camera and missed it. I got a lot of photos of him in the tree. I thought it was pretty cool.


Also, Kate at the Accidental Traveler is hosting an ornament exchange. There is still time to participate. Sounds like fun!

GOE

4 comments:

  1. We have eagles that fly over our house and out to an area where they nest along the Minnesota River. They are really cool to see in flight. Your eagle certainly looks "regal" sitting in that tree. Glad to hear your daughter and Grandma are both doing better. It is hard enough when one familly member is sick but two is a bit of stress. I know from experience. Hope she gets back to school soon and just keeps getting better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquelynne,
    That eagle almost looks like a golden eagle. I saw a huge bald eagle today. I see them fly over our house often. I always walk my dog out when he goes outside because he weighs maybe 5 pounds and looks like lunch to any large bird.
    I'm glad your daughter and grandmother are doing better-This is really good news.
    I was in your store yesterday going crazy over your cards. I will be purchasing a couple of boxes tomorrow from you. I will write you then and tell you what I am up to. :)
    Hey thanks for the sweet compliment about the photo on my blog. I look older now that I have lost weight. But found out I can't eat gluten last January so now I'm having a hard time keeping weight on. I'm sure a lot of people would love to have this problem! But my face looked better with a little weight on me.
    Hope you are having a great weekend,
    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! We have bald eagles that nest in the reservoir by our home, and each time we see them, they leave us in awe.
    So sorry about all the illnesses in your family this week. Glad the doctor figured out what your daughter has...poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you daughter is on the mend. It is so worrisome when the ones we love are ill. Even if they are independent young adults. Thanks for visiting my blog. Yours is one of my favorites. I hope you have a lot of traffic to yours through mine. It is worth the trip.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails