In no particular order, 10 of my favorite movies…
1. Babe- Who doesn’t love a talking singing pig? Makes me feel guilty about eating and enjoying bacon.
2. Moonstruck- The story of Loretta Castorini, her boyfriend Johnny Cammarari, her boyfriend’s brother Ronny Cammarari, her father Cosmo Castorini’s affair with Mona, and her Aunt Rita and Uncle Raymond Cappomaggi. Sadly, I did not have to look those names up- I know them by heart.
3. Indiana Jones- Harrison Ford with scruffy beard, leather jacket and fedora. Need I say more.
4. The Empire Strikes Back- Harrison Ford slinging space age pistol. Ditto.
5. Pride and Prejudice (2005- Kiera Knightly)- The costumes… Mr. Darcy... The soundtrack… Mr. Darcy... The scenery… Mr. Darcy.
6. The Princess Bride- Mawage. You’ve been mostly dead all day. As you wish….
7. Napoleon Dynamite- First time I saw it I totally didn’t get it. Glad I gave it a second, and third, and fourth, and fifth chance.
8. The Village- Some scenes filmed right here in my home county. Haunting soundtrack. Blind Ivy waits amidst impending doom as she trusts that Lucius will come to save her…. And he does. Most romantic scene ever. EVER.
9. Penelope- The story of a sweet, sheltered, cursed pig-girl with a fabulous wardrobe. And a fairy tale ending. Sigh. (Also makes me feel guilty about eating bacon, see #1.)
10. While You Were Sleeping- My favorite, favorite romantic comedy ever. Sandra Bullock is her usual funny adorable self. Perfect Christmas-time viewing.
OK- does anyone want to chime in here? Do you agree with me? Violently disagree??????
I feel like turning on the DVD player and settling in for an entire day of movie watching. Anyone with me? I’ll go make the popcorn…..
PS thanks a million to Charlie Sheen for stopping by and taking the time to comment on my last post. I know what a busy guy you are nowadays.....