Tuesday, August 23, 2011

In the Studio Today....

Some Friendship Star blocks that I have been working on. Friendship Star is one of my favorite blocks because it's so simple, but when you set it in a quilt it just kind of comes alive and is so effective and has so much "movement." I love the colors in these. Mostly I have been pulling stuff out of my stash for this project... My stash has become large enough that I don't have to shop for fabric very much any more (but I still do...)

And I always know when my fabric is coming from the mill overseas, because I get a phone call from FedEx the day before to let me know that I will need to be home to sign for a delivery. Sure enough, yesterday I got my box of sample yardage for my Apple Blossom Acres fabric, so I can start playing.





I have 6 or 7 quilt designs to go with this line. This week, I have to start writing all of those patterns (yuck), and start my piecing so I can get it all done by Quilt Market which is in October. Luckily, I got my fabric really early, so I have a good amount of time to get it all done. Thank goodness! It's so much harder when you get your fabric like, 2 or 3 weeks before Market! And you always seem to get your best ideas about 2 days before you hop on the plane! Always! I guess because those creative juices are really flowing, and you always end up wishing you had thought of whatever about 2 weeks earlier....

Also this week, daughter has 2 bridal shop appointments (hoping that this week we can decide on the dress and order it- I love checking things off of my list!) Right now, there are 3 dresses that are serious contenders... On Thursday, I have an appointment with local a quilt shop- I am partnering with them to develop a new product, so hopefully all will go well and I'll be sharing with you soon.
Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Wow are those fabrics amazing...and I love the star block too. Can't wait to see all of your fabrics soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy lady you are! I love the peak at your fabric-can't wait to see your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics look lovely...can't wait to see the designs you create for them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails