Samantha here, just wanting to check in and say hi while we are away at Quilt Market this weekend. Kansas City is a great place; being here feels like vacation! And even though we are working hard, there's still plenty of time for play and, of course, food.
Here are some highlights from the trip so far:
1. Getting Jamba Juice at the Philadelphia airport. So deliciously healthy, and such a treat, since I don't see Jamba Juice stores that often where we live.
2. The ride over the Broadway Bridge into the city. Perfect weather, and a perfect view!
3. The architecture here is so neat to me. A lot of old brick buildings and full wall murals.
4. Getting dinner at Lulu's Thai Noodle Shop. It was so retro and cool, but so spicy, even though we ordered the "medium" heat. That'll teach us for trying to be brave!
5. Getting to wear cute clothes for market. I love dressing up (and borrowing my mom's jewelry), so every day at market for me is like a fashion show.
6. Exploring the city with my mom. It's so much fun, especially on beautiful days like the ones this week.
7. Meeting all of the "Designing Divas" of Henry Glass. This is Dawn Heese of Linen Closet Quilts, who is terribly talented and so sweet!
8. Eating more food. Cajun fish tacos = amazing outdoor lunch.
9. Participating in school houses yesterday. If you went to the Henry Glass schoolhouses, you may have seen me as "Handout Girl." Seeing my mom and the other lovely ladies in their element as they presented their fabrics was really exhilarating.