Friday, November 2, 2012

NYC Is Good To Me: Part 2

Guest blogger Samantha shares more from her recent trip to New York City:

Warning! This post is very photo-heavy, because I'm about to show you my favorite part of our trip to New York a few weeks ago.  You remember first we visited the Hell's Kitchen Flea market, but then after that we made our way further downtown to take a walk down The High Line park.  The High Line is a park that has been built on an abandoned elevated rail line above the city, running from W. 30th Street to W. 14th Street.  What a beautiful way to "upcycle" an unused space.  It was so peaceful being above the city streets, strolling alongside some really cool murals...



City murals are one of my favorite things to see on a trip, along with architecture, which was also really fun in the area surrounding the High Line.  It was such an interesting mix of old and new, traditional and modern, and, of course, man-made and natural.









(Isn't this car park so cool? I didn't even know they existed on this scale!)


I hope to go back to the High Line soon; it was such a wonderful place to visit, that I'm sure changes in every season!
After walking the gardens, we moseyed back to Times Square where we saw the stage production of Mary Poppins!  It was a great show and I'm so glad we saw it.  What can I say, my husband spoils me rotten!

And now to settle back into real life; my least favorite part of travel! Oh well, here's to long work days followed by sweatpants and tea!

Happy Weekend!
Samantha

A note from Jacquelynne:
In regards to yesterday's newsletter- I mentioned how much I enjoyed the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. In hindsight, I should have mentioned that this series is not for young teens or children. At times, I myself found the book difficult to read. However, I felt in the end, that the character development and the issues raised were worth exploring, and insightful in view of some of the things going on in our society today. They are definitely mature themes. If you haven't read the books or seen the movie yet, before you do so, you may want to check out some reviews and see if this story is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails