Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Birthday Feast

We had dinner for the whole extended family on Saturday night to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Of course, the food is very, very important at these things.....

I made a pork loin which I stuffed and marinated with a mixture of onion, fresh parley, garlic and fresh lemon juice.

My daughter also requested one of her favorites, pastitsio. It is a Greek meat and pasta casserole, and it actually has cinnamon and nutmeg in it, which sounds a little weird, but it is delicious. I got many requests for the recipe, so maybe someday I'll post it here or on my website.

Finally, there was of course the birthday cake that my daughter made. Delicious! It was the "cookbook" birthday for her- she got about 8 altogether! And she also got a pasta maker, so I'm hoping that at sometime in the near future she will announce that I never have to cook again!

4 comments:

  1. Everything sounds so yummy! Love the cake, it's so pretty.

    Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter!

    :)Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!! May you be blessed with many more!!!
    Cookbooks are a great gift-right?
    Your pork loin looks delicious!
    Perhaps she will be a cake decorator?!
    My invite must have gotten lost in the mail.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. M-m-m-m-mmmm! Everything looks delicious! Happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a YUMMY birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails