I am a pretty private person- I keep a lot inside, and open up to very, very few people (like, 2). Most of the time, I am a fortress. But occasionally there are those times that I let way too much slip out- and terrify myself. One of the things I am trying to do is be a more open person. So in the next few weeks, I will be revealing a little more of myself to my readers- some of it will be light and silly, and some deeper (this will be difficult for me- so please be kind! I know you will be.)
This week, we will be keeping it light and silly. Here are 10 things you may or may not know about me (in no particular order):
1. My favorite color is red. I also like variations on red like pink, coral, and sometimes orange.
2. I have a love/hate relationship with chocolate. Love to eat it, but hate that I can’t seem to eat just one.
3. I married my college sweetheart and my first & only love 21 ½ years ago at the age of 23. So now you also know how old I am (that’s a freebie).
4. When I was 10 my favorite show was “Quincy” starring Jack Klugman, and I wanted to be a medical examiner when I grew up.
5. When I was 13 my favorite movie was “Indiana Jones” and I wanted to be an archeologist when I grew up.
6. My favorite thing to do on a Friday night is to order Chinese takeout or a pizza and spend the whole night on the sofa watching movies with my family. (I don’t mind doing that on a Saturday or Sunday night either.)
7. I sing on the worship team at my church every Sunday. After 3 years of doing this, I can finally sing solos without feeling like I am going to pass out from nerves.
8. I have 2 daughters, ages 16 and 20, whom I adore. I can’t believe what beautiful, talented, smart, funny girls they are, and how blessed I am to have them.
9. I often wish I’d had just one more girl. 3 daughters would be extra nice.
10. I don’t like coffee. I wish I did, because I feel like I’m missing out on the whole “Starbucks Experience”. Tea just doesn’t seem the same, and I feel like there’s a big “coffee club” that I’m not a member of…
So those are a handful of things about me, maybe more than you ever wanted to know- ha ha! Is there anything you’d like to know about me or what I do? Leave your question in the comments, or just send me an email, and maybe (if the answer won’t embarrass me too much) I will answer it in a post someday.