Monday, June 13, 2011

Moab National Park

A few weeks ago, I took dragged my husband to Quilt Market in Salt Lake City, Utah. I told him that if he went with me, he could choose somewhere fun to go as part of the trip. He chose Arches National Park in Moab, Utah. It was stunning. The formations are massive, and as you can imagine, photos cannot begin to describe it.









Right at the crest, where Mount Olives begins its descent, the whole crowd of disciples burst into enthusiastic praise over all the mighty works they had witnessed:
   Blessed is He who comes,
      the King in God's name!
   All's well in heaven!
      Glory in the high places!
 Some Pharisees from the crowd told Him, "Teacher, get your disciples under control!"
 But He said, "If they kept quiet, the stones would do it for them, shouting praise."
Luke 19:37-40, The Message Bible

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jacquelynne! I' so glad to hear you got to see some of my beautiful state. I sure hope you took the hike to Delicate Arch. It's my favorite. Next time, I will have to take you to the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pregnant with my 31 yr old the last time I went to Moab! I remember being stunned by the formations. One set looked like kings from just about every angle. Glad your hubby took you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have never been to Moab but I can see from your photos that I would love to visit. When my husband retires we plan to take a trip west. I'll add Moab to our list of "must see" places. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husbad and I took similar pictures last year. Thanks for the reminder of our fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I'm sorry I missed Salt Lake seeing these gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails