Friday, October 26, 2012

NYC Is Good To Me: Part 1

Guest blogger Samantha takes on a trip to the Big Apple! 

A few weeks ago, while I was driving to work, an idea struck me.  I called my husband, and two days later we were on the train to New York! My goal for this trip was to see some things I had never seen before and to find a few destinations off the beaten track.  I can't wait to share the whole experience with you all!
First we went to the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market.  Hubby and I had our doubts about this flea market... mostly because it was in "Hell's Kitchen." But the neighborhood has changed a lot since the time it coined its nickname, and we found so many fun things in the area, as well as in the flea market!  The first booth we stopped at was, I think, Hubby's favorite part of the day...



Hubby was happy to get 2 new-to-him comic books from collections he has had his eye on lately.  There were so many to choose from! One could spend hours looking through them all; that is, if you haven't already spent hours looking at the other booths...



There were some pieces there that were just beautiful.  Fur coats, old pictures, broaches, and cobblers models littered every table.  My personal favorite was a globe that looked like it was from around the 1920's with a bronze handle and stand.  I was very sad to leave it behind, but I had a long day of walking ahead of me...



Part 2 is next week! We saw some beautiful sights, and took lots of pictures!  Have you traveled anywhere interesting lately? What is your very favorite place to visit? Let us know in your comments!

Happy Weekend!
Samantha

3 comments:

  1. I would love to visit NYC and really be able to take my time and see things BUT I really love the Rocky Mountain area much more than cities - I love the Southwest end of the chain of mountains and I love the Northern section as well - from Montana to New Mexico - that is my place to vacation

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love visiting NYC at Christmas time. Everything is decorated so beautifully and we love all the hustle and bustle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love NYC! You must have enjoyed yourselves

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails