I scrounged around in the fridge and found some cheddar cheese and turkey... but it needed something for flavor because turkey is a little blah compared to pepperoni... How about some hot pepper relish? Yeah, that's the ticket.... And some cream cheese to hold it all together....
So this is what I did:
- Defrosted frozen pizza dough according to the package directions.
- Mixed the cream cheese with the pepper relish.
- Rolled the dough into a rectangular-ish/oval-ish shape.
- Spread cream cheese pepper mixture over dough. Placed turkey slices on top, then sprinkled the whole thing with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Rolled it up and tucked the ends over the seam.
- Placed on greased foil with seam down and cut a few slits in the top.
- Baked at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into slices.
If you have pizza dough in your freezer, you can roll it up and bake it with whatever you have on hand... I laid in bed last night and thought of some other combinations (yes, these things do keep me awake at night)....
- Dijon mustard spread over dough, Swiss cheese, ham
- Marinara sauce and mozzarella
- Cooked ground beef or turkey, canned chilies or powdered taco seasoning mixed with cream cheese, cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese mixed with chutney or cranberry relish, sliced turkey or chicken, maybe even some leftover stuffing?? (oooh that sounds good....)
- Of course.... pepperoni and provolone
Do you have any other ideas for fillings? Do you have an ingredient or two that you always keep in your freezer or pantry??
PS Don't forget about our Fabulously Stupendous Giveaway going on this week.... click here to enter.