Friday, February 22, 2013

Settler's Pride Wool BOM & Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks

I finally finished the main portion of the Settler's Pride wool quilt that I have been working on since 2009! (Last December I talked about "re-booting" this project- click here for that post and to see the individual blocks.)

(This is the same photo from when I had prepped the quilt- it looks exactly the same now that it's stitched, minus the pins.)

I spent last weekend prepping the top and bottom borders (cut out all the pieces and pinned them to the background). I really dislike the prepping part, but now that is ALL done! All that is left is stitching the borders (the fun part). I told my husband that after working on this quilt for over 3 years, I am limping toward the finish line! (One of the borders has the date on it- and I couldn't decide if I should use the year I started- 2009- or the year that I finished it. I ended up using 2013- so I definitely have to get it done this year ha ha. I'm committed!)

What keeps you from finishing a project? Do you lose interest? Do you have so many things going on at the same time that you forget about them? Do you have a certain part of the process where you get "stuck" and have a hard time moving forward? And what do you do to get yourself to finish up those UFO's (UnFinished Objects)??


Moving on.... Look what I got in the mail the other day- the Spring 2013 issue of Quilts from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks. 



I have a quilt featured in this issue, called Tutti-Frutti. It was adapted from my Neapolitan block, which appeared in Volume 4 of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks. For the Neapolitan block, I used pinks, browns, and creams.


For the Tutti-Frutti quilt, I used "juicy" fabrics from my Fruitful Hands fabric line (available at Fat Quarter shop.)




Look for this issue on newsstands in the beginning of March! It's a really great issue- lots of pretty, colorful, cheerful springtime quilt ideas! The nice folks at Quiltmaker magazine sent me a couple of extra copies, so stop back soon for a giveaway :)


Daughter & I are starting to talk about the next issue of the newsletter. It will have a spring theme. I have a cute idea for a cookie recipe- do you have any ideas for craft or decorating projects? What would you like to see in the next issue?? Let us know!


9 comments:

  1. Your quilt is looking amazing! That's one thing I have not yet tackled - a wool applique quilt. All of your suggested reasons seem to apply to me for not finishing a quilt! But I'm finding that the #1 reason is lack of time. I'm just allowing myself to be pulled into too many directions. Too many projects I want to do and not enough time to do them all, but I still try!

    Your Tutti Frutti is delightful! Congratulations on being included in this great magazine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! Of course, everything almost always looks better in real life than it does in photos. The wool quilt is actually kind of stunning :) When I get it all the way done, I will make the effort to take a really good photo!

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt, love the rich wools. I did get a book from bonnie sullivan and have plans to make a few of the quilts, in it.
    I am into Bunnies this month. Would love to see some small ornie style ideas that I can hang on my peg racks.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I am thinking about bunnies lately too, and butterflies :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful wool quilt and your block and the quilt made with the blocks is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that wool quilt. Some day I'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie- I bet you have a "some day" list as long as mine :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on having your quilt and your fabrics featured in the magazine! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails