Friday, March 15, 2013

Irish " Potato" Candy

It's the final day of our Irish Food-a-Palooza..... 
(Earlier this week we had Colcannon & Eggs, and Shepherd's Pie & Roasted Parsnips.)

These Irish Potato Candies are really kind of addictive, and so easy! I wouldn't save them just for St. Patrick's Day- make them anytime. Kids love to make them, and there is no cooking involved. Just mix up a few ingredients and roll into balls.

They don't contain any potato, and I have discovered that they aren't even actually Irish.. But we always had them in school around St. Patrick's Day when I was growing up... maybe because I live near Philadelphia where they originated.

Irish Potato Candy

4 oz. cream cheese
2 tbsp. butter
1 lb. confectioner's sugar
1/2 c. shredded coconut
Cinnamon & sugar mix

Mix cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add coconut and confectioner's sugar. Knead until well blended. Roll dough into balls. Roll balls in the cinnamon- sugar mix. Store covered in refrigerator up to 1 week (if they last that long...)

I hope you will give this recipe a try! It's easy and delicious (aka the perfect recipe...)
Happy Weekend :)


6 comments:

  1. Oh my, these sounds delicious but can my hips handle it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use light cream cheese and save a few calories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe. I'm a sucker for anything with cream cheese. Do they need to be stored in the refrigerator?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Cindy they do need to be stored in the refrigerator. Sorry I left that part out- I will go back and add it to the recipe :)

      Delete
  4. That's so easy and sounds so good!! I'll just HAVE to try it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you really should- it tastes even better than it sounds :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails