Monday, July 6, 2009

Meet Me in the Garden


Photos from our trip to Winterthur Museum and Garden last week. I took the squirrel and ladybug photos, daughter took the rest. I love Winterthur, it is really beautiful and well kept and there is no shortage of photo opportunities! I always leave there inspired!


God's Garden

THE Lord God planted a garden
In the first white days of the world,
And He set there an angel warden
In a garment of light enfurled.

So near to the peace of Heaven,
That the hawk might nest with the wren,
For there in the cool of the even
God walked with the first of men.

And I dream that these garden-closes
With their shade and their sun-flecked sod
And their lilies and bowers of roses,
Were laid by the hand of God.

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,--
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth.

For He broke it for us in a garden
Under the olive-trees
Where the angel of strength was the warden
And the soul of the world found ease.

Dorothy Frances Gurney

3 comments:

  1. What a delightful trip....
    Thank you for sharing.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos are great! I love squirrels! When I went to Boston I look like crazy, in the park talking with them, trying to catch one! There were a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stopped in last week and got a family pass to Winterthur. Still haven't toured it but maybe later this week. With Mikey at Longwood this summer I find myself over that way with time to kill.

    You are inspiring me with these photos to get to touring!

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails