Friday, August 13, 2010

England- Amazingly Old Stuff

The castle above is called Wardour- built in the 14th century, it is where Robin Hood with Kevin Costner was filmed.
Above, Bath Abbey. I don't remember when it was built, but most of the churches/abbeys/cathedrals we visited were at least 800 years old. To walk on floors where the faithful walked a thousand years ago.... where they worshiped the Eternal God and still do.... to touch crypts and tombs that are that old....an incredible experience.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "Who is, and Who was, and Who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:8

Something else that struck me as I gazed at the workmanship of these magnificent buildings- the incalculable hours that countless artisans and craftsmen devoted to building and carving and sculpting and creating the windows..... all to the glory of God. Worship comes in many different forms, usually we think of it as music or attending a church service..... but whenever we use the gifts that He has given us to make the world more beautiful, kinder, softer, welcoming or loving.... that is worship.

4 comments:

  1. My hubby took me with him to Brussels this spring, and I was in awe at the building that have been standing since the 1400! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that!!!! Beautiful.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful windows! Maybe someday DH and I will get a chance to go too.

    And thanx for the kind words about worship. Sometimes I forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love this post. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails